We all know that dofollow blog commenting is a great way of getting backlinks pointing to your website, which in turn ultimately boosts your website’s page rank and indeed improves your keyword ranking. We all also know how difficult it can be to identify high pagerank dofollow blogs for blog commenting. It therefore stands to reason that once identified, you should take all necessary steps to ensure your blog commenting achieves result by your comments being approved.
How do you increase the chances of your blog comments being approved? By taking the following steps:
1. Read all or scan a reasonable portion of the blog post you intend to comment on so that you are abreast with the contents and so you are able to make a reasonable blog comment.
2. Identify and target blogs whose content theme you are reasonably comfortable with and in respect of which you possess some knowledge and experience as a basis for making a reasonable comment.
3. Your comment must be directly related to the post you are trying to comment on and refer to or reply directly to the content of the post. This will make the webmaster know that you have actually read his post. As a result, general comments such as “Great post, will visit your site again”, “This subject is very interesting and you have explained it thoroughly” etc are indicative of spam comments and any experienced webmaster will immediately trash such comments.
4. Insert your actual first name in the name space as most webmasters do not like approving comments with only keywords inserted into the name field. To get SEO benefits, you can go ahead and use the keyword luv plugin so that your name can be inserted as “name @ keyword” or use a format such as “name | keyword” in the name field.
5. For some blogs, there is a space restriction for the name field and if you intend to gain SEO advantages here, you must pick either your main keyword (which is likely to be very short) alone, if that particular website allows such or you are restricted to using your first name alone but of course with backlink pointing to your website.
6. Search for dofollow blogs that were recently commented on. This considerably increases the chances of your blog comment being approved as some blogs are either no longer functioning or comments are closed on some old posts or the webmaster may not be inclined to accept new comments on these old posts.
7. Search for posts that are just published. This is similar to the above but not exactly so in that here, reference is to more or less real time posts which is best gotten through setting google alerts. As these posts are fresh, the webmaster is likely to be inclined to approving fairly well written comments unlike later on when comments on the blog post may have become saturated.
8. Search for blogs that use the “comment luv”, “keyword luv”, “top commenters” wordpress plugins. These blogs more than others are more comment friendly and your comments therefore have a greater chance of being approved.
9. For some blogs, you should not link to an unduly long url such that occurs with some inner pages. This is because some blogs regard such links as spam.
10. Do not make more than one comment on a particular blog per day. This is because some webmasters regard an attempt to do otherwise as an attempt to spam their blog with comments.
11. Use a true picture of yourself as your avatar i.e. get a gravatar. Most webmasters and indeed most sites generally look more favourably on a commenter who reflects his actual picture and regard such comments as more credible. He is thought not to have anything to hide unlike most commenters who hide behind “masks”.
12. Before making your comment, compliment the effort of the webmaster on the usefulness of the post. We are all human and a little massaging of ego does help to get your comment approved. Do not stop here however but go on to now make a direct comment on some particular aspect of the post, otherwise, stopping at merely massaging the webmaster’s ego will be regarded as spam by most webmasters.
13. Where you can make reference to another blog post, article or news item to buttress your comment, by all means please do, as you come out as highly informed this way and increase your chances of being favourably looked upon by the webmaster.
14. Your website should portray seriousness which can be depicted by good number of backlinks, fair PR level, reasonable volume of posts on your own blog etc as most webmasters first take a look at your blog/website via your link before approving your comment.
15. Search for blogs that have a good history of approving reasonably well written comments which you can deduce from previous comments on the blog as some webmasters are just difficult and unfriendly and no matter what you do, will not approve comments from those they do not know.
Dele Ojewumi is the webmaster of Profitable Business Ideas abode of home business ideas and opportunities. He is the author of the popular internet’s most-up-to-date-list of 165 best article directories with clickable links, classified into dofollow and nofollow.